Monday 12 October 2015

meet challenge admin - Natalie Daniel


Natalie Daniel

1. Your name, location
Natalie Daniel, Upper Hunter Valley NSW

by Natalie Daniel

2. Describe your family
My Husband Jamie and Son Dylan, they are both farm boys who love the wide open spaces.

by Natalie Daniel


3. Describe your work
I am currently working from home on our family farm feeding the pigs and watching over the cattle as well as keeping the sheep out of the veggie garden. This allows me the freedom to be creative in between. I am a soap maker and also do pet portraits which help fund my growing art supplies.

Farm - by Natalie Daniel


4. What is your career goal?
I am currently studying a diploma of Graphic Design online, so my first goal is to complete my course and create a portfolio. My dream is to be working on our farm and illustrating in-between, I love the idea of illustrating a children’s book and working my influences from my farm into my illustrative work. I know I will never be completely self- sufficient though it is something I truly value and strive to achieve.

by Natalie Daniel

5. Describe your art background
When I was in my teens I would attend watercolour classes with ladies well into their 50’s and older, I would spend my Friday nights soaking up their wisdom and that is where my passion for watercolour began. Once married and working full time my art was pushed aside, although not forgotten I would always do the odd gift for friends and became more of a self taught artists just doing what felt right.

Bird - by Natalie Daniel


6. What do you love about the Challenge?
I love the support and encouragement I have found in the challenge. The connection to liked minded people is something I had craved for such a long time and I have made wonderful new friendships which I treasure so much.
The challenge has given me a safe place to encourage me to fill my need to be creative and was my inspiration to study Graphic Design this year. Due to my studies I have not been able to keep up with my challenge pieces in 2015 and I have really been missing it. I love the motion the challenge gives us to keep going each week doing what we love in a safe caring environment and being inspired by such talent from the members each day is truly a blessing. This may sound strange, it was almost as if the challenge gave me permission to paint and I let go of the guilt.

by Natalie Daniel


7. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
I always wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up, I love Elvis and I dream to own a pink Cadillac convertible.

by Natalie Daniel

Follow Natalie online:
Website: www.nataliedaniel.com.au

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Natalie-Daniel-Illustrations/686263844793812

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/natjeandan/


Items for sale
Handmade Soaps: http://www.countryculture.com.au/a-piece-of-clipson-en/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.